Android devices in Tradefed can go through several states made available through the Device Manager. There are two main categories of states for Android devices: Allocation state and Online State.
All of these states can be checked in the
Tradefed Console using
l d or
tf >l d Serial State Allocation Product Variant Build Battery 84TX0081B ONLINE Available blueline blueline MASTER 100 HT6550300002 ONLINE Available sailfish sailfish MASTER 94 876X00GNG UNAUTHORIZED Unavailable unknown unknown unknown unknown HT6570300047 UNAUTHORIZED Unavailable unknown unknown unknown unknown
Allocation states are Tradefed-specific states to monitor device use. They are described by DeviceAllocationState and can be any of:
- UNKNOWN: An intermediate state used during transitions to decide if the
device should be removed from the tracking list. This would happen when a
device is disconnected from
- IGNORED: Device cannot be selected for the TF session because it was
filtered out. Most likely TF was started with
ANDROID_SERIALexported, so it limits the scope of devices that can be picked.
- AVAILABLE: Device is ready to be selected for a test.
- UNAVAILABLE: Device is connected but not ready to run tests. It usually
- ALLOCATED: Device is currently running a test and cannot be selected.
- CHECKING_AVAILABILITY: Device was just connected, and TF checks whether it is properly online and can be made available. If not, it will be made unavailable.
Online states represent the actual state of the device as seen by
They are described by
and can be:
Tradefed online states are linked to the underlying
adb library we use,
ddmlib. It describes the states with