Test: Cts Verifier > Device Administration > Device Admin Tapjacking Test
Q: The test is open to interpretation if it behaves as expected or not. Buttons can be tapped through the overlay. but maybe an unclear description. "3. The button to activate the admin should be disabled and should not register any taps." It is not possible to activate the admin but a toast is shown "Because another app is displaying on top of these options, Settings can't respond to your action." Hence the tap is registered and it is still possible to tap cancel and Uninstall app.
A: Here are the expected results for the Step 3.
|3. Tap [ENABLE DEVICE ADMIN]||3.1. [Active this device admin app] is enabled.||3.2. [Active this device admin app] is disabled.|
Companion Device Test
Q: "including showing the dialog to the user to verify a device, as well as updating an internal record once the user made the choice and then removing it." A bit unclear if the test has finished correctly after you have selected the device in the list and press OK. Maybe the information about the internal record is unnecessary. Based on our interpretation, it does seem to be a pass, but would prefer clarification.
A: Here are the expected results.
|1. Tap [GO]||2. Tap a BT device||3. Tap [Pass]|
Voicemail broadcast test - com.android.cts.verifier.voicemail.VoicemailBroadcastActivity
Q: How do you send a voicemail to the phone? A: Call the device, decline the call on the device and leave a voicemail
Q: What is "visual" voicemail? A: Visual voicemail is a way to send the device audio data and detailed information for incoming voicemails, instead of just sending the Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) SMS (http://www.omtp.org/OMTP_VVM_Specification_v1_3_Final.pdf). The test is testing behavior regarding receiving the MWI, and if visual voicemail is being used the carrier might not send the MWI and interfere with the test, thus it must be disabled.
USB Accessory/Device Test
Specific instructions to avoid flaky behavior:
- Install the CtsVerifier.apk on the DUT
- Install the CtsVerifierUSBCompanion.apk on the Pixel
- Make sure all USB cables are disconnected
- Start the CtsVerifierUSBCompanion on the Pixel and select the accessory test companion
- Start the CtsVerifier on the DUT and select the USB Accessory test
- Connect the OTG-Adapter to the Pixel and then connect the DUT via a USB-A(male)-C cable
- Approve the connection dialogs in the following order:
- Wait until test completes
Dynamic Sensor Discovery Test
- Device makers can make a decision if to support the API (isDynamicSensorDiscoverySupported) or not.
- If a device supports the API, device maker is responsible for sourcing the external sensor for passing the test.
Device Admin Uninstall Test
- May require manually install CtsEmptyDeviceAdmin.apk on the device first from a host via adb
adb install CtsEmptyDeviceAdmin.apk
- Launch CTS Verifier > Go to Device Administration > Device Admin Uninstall Test
- It should detect the app is installed and go through other steps