(October 18) Added an article on Enabling Fuzzers under Testing Tools.
(October 18) Learn how to use
to set and listen for the current application focus, such as active navigation or a voice command.
(October 4) Added the Network Simulation document under Testing Tools.
(September 13) Added these articles:
Added these articles to describe trout, a virtualization tool that enables single or multiple instances of the Android Automotive OS (AAOS) to run as a guest virtual machine (VM) alongside other automotive OS's, such as an instrument cluster or an instance of OS running the advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) on an automotive System-On-Chip (SoC).
- Overview. Learn about leveraging the open-standards based framework for virtualization called VirtIO.
- Architecture. The VirtIO spec
has been extended to include devices such as
- Tools. Learn now to use ADB commands used on the development machine to browse the ADB services and connect to them.
- Reference Platform. To extend trout, see the material in this article.
(August 11) Learn how to develop a Rotary Controller, a knob and surrounding buttons in the center console of an automobile that is used to control the head unit.
(July 23) Learn about Per-Application Network Selection (PANS) to manage the volume and cost of data usage while simultaneously providing a robust, secure, and connected car experience.
(July 21) Added the following new material:
- A new article entitled Build Your Own Cloud Emulator describes how to run the AAOS Emulator as a Web Service and in a web browser to make it remotely accessible to users.
- A new section entitled Highlight the current item in the play queue in Customizing Media.
(July 2) Added these articles:
- Securing Developer Options enables developer options to be gated by OEMs using an authenticated cryptographic token mechanism.
- Debugging Restriction Controller Integration Guide describes how to integrate the AAOS Debugging Restriction Controller (DRC).
(June 22) Learn how to configure Automatic Time Detection to receive time suggestions from various sources, select the best option, and then set the system clock in Android to match.
(May 27) Added new content to describe Power Policy. A power policy ensures that hardware and software components (such as display, audio, and voice interaction) are selectively turned on and off as needed.
(May 20) Added new content to describe Preference Subtitles. Learn how to configure preference subtitles.
(May 19) Added Dual Pane Customizations to describe the new dual pane design, which introduces new customization options.
(May 11) Added new content to describe Dialer Debugging and Testing. Learn about the integrated debugging and testing framework in Dialer that enables you to validate Dialer app features without the need for call-ready devices.
(April 21) Added the Emulator USB Passthrough Integration Guide. Learn how to connect two peripherals (Bluetooth and Wi-Fi) to the AAOS emulator.
(April 7) Added Android Virtual Device as a Development Platform to describe how AAOS platform and device makers can use Android Emulator to develop Human Machine Interface (HMI) and apps without relying on hardware.
(March 10) Updated the entire suite of AAOS Audio articles at Automotive Audio. Learn about the changes made to support these automotive-related audio features:
- Automatic audio zone selection based on the associated User ID
- New system usages to support automotive-specific sounds
- HAL audio focus support
- Delayed audio focus for non-transient streams
- User setting to control interaction between navigation and calls
(January 27) Added User HAL Properties. Use these new properties on the VHAL to create, switch, remove, and associate external accessories to identify Users.
(January 25) Added Android Automotive Bootcamp Presentations. See video recordings from the 2020 Google Automotive Partner Bootcamp.
(December 11) Added Troubleshooting RROs to the Car UI Library Integration Guide.
(October 20) Added these new articles to the Car UI Library Integration Guide:
(October 9) Added this new article:
- Removing Packages for the System User. This article describes how to improve performance by identifying and removing packages not needed for the SYSTEM User.
(October 6) Added these new articles:
Published the Voice Interaction Integration Guide aimed at voice assistant developers and OEMs who want to preload voice assistants on AAOS:
- About Voice Interaction
- Integration Flows
- Application Development
- Fulfilling Commands
- Testing and Debugging
(October 2) Added these new articles: