Unbundled apps are those not included in the Android Automotive OS (AAOS) system image. They're listed below. To learn how to integrate unbundled apps into vehicles, see the Integration Guide.
- Automotive App Host
- Car UI Library
- Companion Device
- Short Message Service (SMS)
Car media analytics. Media Center analytics now provide third party Media apps metrics to help provide a better media experience to users. Analytics enables third party apps to receive real-time feedback on user behavior.
- NullPointer exception no longer occurs when a menu is selected from the Overflow menu.
- Analytics: Queue items visibility change is now reported when closing or opening.
- Analytics: Queue list reported as browse and now reports hiding items.
- Analytics: Incorrect data is no longer sent when tapping a search result.
- Analytics now appear after clearing a search query.
- Refactor from single to multiple media activities each with its own media source.
- MediaCenter no longer crashes from the user interface.
- Reinstalling the
TestMediaAppno longer causes MediaCenter to crash.
- Adding a fade vertical scrollbar to
browse_nodeCannotno longer switches to Bluetooth audio after playing the radio.
- Calendar no longer crashes after enabling sync on an iPhone.
- Opening an app doesn't switch to the browser view from the NPV Dialer.
- The Microphone and Ongoing Phone call user interfaces do not display when a vehicle is started.
- A song selected in Spotify plays but NPV still shows the previous app.
MediaConnectorServicewhich component to start.
- Tapping on a category grid has been improved.
- The message "Bluetooth disconnected" is displayed in the SMS app when a device is paired.
- When a Bluetooth device is connected, the SMS app displays a misleading message that Bluetooth is disconnected.
- When the Home Phone card and Dialer are switched multiple times, the phone call in progress on a full screen no longer displays the Dialer Contacts page.
- The linear progress bar in the Now Playing view now displays.
- The Add Network page crashes when the Network name is tapped.
- On the Playstore page, Assistant doesn't display some pages even when the user is signed in.
- After a reboot, the Home page and Apps launcher don't launch
- On the Dialer contact profile, the Back (>) icon goes to Contacts when toggling between Day and Night modes.
- The Now Playing View is slow to update to a new media source.
- Album art and Nature files display invisible links.
- The Playlist button should not be dimmed by default.
- Implement playback view links.
- Regression. The TMA browse tree shows content even when the account type is none.
TestMediaAppno longer causes Media Center to crash.
- The Media Center shows "No Title" in the Media bar when switching from Radio to BT audio.
- The current song is not displayed in the Media Center.
- Spotify. The selected song does not play.
- The SMS app crashes and can't be launched.
- MMS header. Neither the from: contact nor the third contact are displayed.
Fixed issue where the Dialer was launching multiple UI contents that was not localized to RTL.
- Added Custom Browse Action Constants for Media 1 in
- Fixed an issue where users had to select song on the Phone when driving.
Car Launcher crashing when launching AllApps and Dialer from Facet bar
Car UI library
fixed a bug that caused the Playstore app to crash.
Added new chassis (car-ui-lib) proxy classes.
Fixed issue where the contacts avatar was not displaying properly in dialer, contacts, and favorites.
- Fixed an issue where a YouTube Music message displays in a Spotify Message.
- Fixed an issue with the News app not showing content.
- Fixed an issue that wasn't displaying the Top of Media tree to all apps.
- Fixed an issue causing app content to not appear after switching from Bluetooth to any media app.
Car rotary library
Fix the corners and the buttons as described in the specifications for the Permission dialog.
- Fix Dialer's Gradle lint errors.
- Added ProGuard to Dialer’s Gradle release builds.
- Launch the Dialer incall UI from the system status bar when Active Call is turned off in Phone Settings.
- Fix failing unit tests due to
- Android Automotive Media Player ignores
- Media continuity:
- How to handle media sources without playable items.
- Investigate and implement independent playback in Media.
- Added a Message button to missed call notification to use Direct Send to reply a missed call.
- Testing build supports the adding of contacts with an ADB command.
- Testing build supports the simulation of a fake Bluetooth connection when the user clicks Connect to Bluetooth.
- Show the phone number for contacts in the incoming call heads-up notification.
- Accelerated the speed at which contacts and call logs are loaded and fix the contacts mismatch with different locales between a phone and the head unit.
- Proguard Dialer APK to speed up on a cold start when built with tapas.
- When no phones are connected, sped up cold start by moving the No Bluetooth Connection error page away from Dialog.
- Fixed a crash when the percent sign (%) was entered in the Search box.
- Enhanced support for Right-to-Left (RTL).
- Fix duplicate incoming call HUNs if projected becomes active when an incoming call is ringing.
android:resources and fixed a dialpad layout issue in which numbers were missing.
- Added support for Car App Library powered third party settings and error (such as sign-in) pages.
- Added support for per-item content styles.
- Added optional progress bars for edia items in the Browse screen.
- Fixed NPE in
- Fixed NPE in
IllegalArgumentExceptionwhen the list of tabs changes after navigating into browse node.
- When switching to a new app from the playback screen, don’t send media IDs from the old app to the new app.
- Keep focus on the same Media button even when its action changes.
- Add the projection app to the default
- Moved MenuItems from code to XML for use in RROs.
BrowseAdapter#generateViewDatano longer creates empty items.
- Internationalization: Added string translations.
- Updated the UI and UX to provide more clarity.
- Updated the app icon.
- Created a testing build and set up unit tests, bringing test coverage to about 25%.
- Exited the app instead of popping up the only fragment on the Back button, which displays a blank screen.
- Fixed message preview overlapping other elements.
- Fixed old messages being notified of in an HUN.
- Fixed order dependent tests.
- Removed trailing whitespaces in conversations.
- Fixed muted conversations not updating in the Notification center after receiving a new message.
- Fixed messages not appearing in notifications.
- Fixed the conversation list not updating messages when the app is running in background.